After living in Israel for so many years living but mainly shooting abroad and creating photo-albums of the far-away countries I visited; I decided to compile an album of Israel - my country.
The really difficult task was choosing from the massive assortment I compiled in over 4 years and sorting them into coherent groups.
Too many pictures, too many subjects and no clear and cohesive objective made me decide on three distinct albums:
- Between Two Cities - An album about Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
- Down to Earth - An album devoted to the landscapes between Eilat and the Golan Heights - the Mediterranean and the Dead Sea.
- People | Places | Photos - is an attempt to bring together the different peoples/places/persuasions that make up this crazy country.
In the meantime I continue taking photos and hope to expand the trilogy into a tetralogy or even a pentalogy as I compose more albums on different aspects of this nation.
Down to Earth
In this album I wanted to express my love for nature.
I tried to use my camera to convey the beauty of an arid desert, the marvel of the Dead Sea , the spectacle of Lake Hula during bird migration.
- Israel Nature Reserves and parks where you can find cormorants, pelicans and storks;
- Yardenit where the Sea of Galilee becomes the Jordan river;
- Qasr al-Yahud - the stretch of river where Jesus was baptized;
- The Golan Heights – good for nice hikes and nice for good wines;
- The Arava - spectacular desert scenery and the mountains surrounding Eilat;
- Eilat a place to relax offering tropical turquoise tinted waters and diving opportunities.
Information about the Album ...
Title: Down to Earth
Photographer: Deniz Bensason
Width: 32 cm
Height: 26 cm
Number of Pages: 149
Cover: Hard cover.
Additional Information: Printed on high quality gloss paper.
Laminated in matt silk to maintain maximum protection for the album.
Design & Layout: Nili Glick Studio.
Book 3 of the ISRAEL TRILOGY - Down to Earth, mainly a look at nature → close to the ground.
Excerpts from ISRAEL: Down To Earth Album
Pages 12-13: Views of the Dead Sea
Pages 30-31: The Negev Desert
Pages 36-37: The Arava - Just North of Eilat
Page 62: Autumn Stork Migration
Page 63 Marissa - A Lone Tree in Spring
Pages 80-81: Sea of Galilee, Kinneret, Lake of Gennesaret, Lake Tiberias,
יָם כִּנֶּרֶת, بحيرة طبريا.
Page 86 Sea of Galilee, Swimmer getting ready
Page 87 Sea of Galilee, Swimmer number 40
Page 116: Dried-up Pomegranate
Page 117: Pomegranate; Withered and Shriveled
Page 132: The Hula Valley - Nature Reserve
Page 133: The Hula Valley - Bird Sanctuary
Pages 140-141: Rotting Apples
Page 146: Jordan River fed by melting snow
Page: 147 Jordan River feeding the Dead Sea